I had a fantastic time on “The Solidarity Effect” on Radio Free Fargo 95.9 FM with host Jason Anderson this morning. Since we’re both 1980s kids, Maestro Anderson designated it an ’80s music day. We listened to some favorite hits from our high school days in between hashing over the news of the day and what it might mean for regular working people in North Dakota and across the country (if anything) –
- Jerry Falwell Jr. and his fall from grace for allegedly watching his wife have sex with the pool boy over several years
- The departure of Ms. “Alternative Facts” herself, Kellyanne Conway, from the White House to “spend more time with family” (wink, wink).
- Coronavirus and Covid-19 in North Dakota overall and in schools
- Resignation of a second state health officer in just three months and other departures from the staff of ND Gov. Doug Burgum
- Steve Bannon and conspirators bilking citizens out of their money for the “We Build the Wall” fundraiser, Bannon’s connections to the Fisher family in North Dakota and Sen. Kevin Cramer’s questionable actions to get the Fishers a no-bid contract to build portions of Trumps stupid border wall.
- The climate crisis, feature former secretary of labor Robert Reich
- The “Amazon Bomb,” i.e., the Goliath that is Amazon and what that means for America with Bill Maher
- Another shooting of a black man, Jacob Blake, by police in Wisconsin and 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse’s killing of two protesters in the wake of the Blake shooting.
And whatever else came to mind…
Thank you, Jason! Outstanding discussion, awesome experience, rad tunes. Keep those ’80s spinnin’ Bro!